About Austin Modern Living™ realty services
Austin Modern Living™ realty services is an Austin, Texas based residential real estate brokerage company. We are licensed in the State of Texas under Tergerson Real Estate LLC. Our Austin REALTORS are all licensed by TREC and represent buyers, sellers, tenants and landlords in residential real estate in Austin and the surrounding areas.
Austin Modern Living™ was founded by Tom Bates who dreamed of building his own real estate company after a career in investment banking and after working for several other real estate brokers in Austin. He took his first real estate class in college back in 1993 and has been practicing real estate in Austin since 2004. Tom's wife, Allison Akers, is a corporate contracts lawyer... let's just say it's good to have a contracts lawyer on hand!
Are you interested in a career in real estate?
Are you an Austin area Realtor looking for a good broker? Or maybe you are just considering a career in real estate sales? We have a small group of dynamic agents here at Tergerson Real Estate and we are always looking for good agents. Here are some things to consider about us:
- Modern buyers: Our Austin Modern Living™ brand and marketing lends itself to today's design minded buyers and sellers. While a lot of the homes we sell are actually MCM or contemporary the majority of our sales are traditional homes. Because of today's design minded buyers, we have found that we can add a tremendous amount of value to the buying process by helping our clients understand, figure out and unravel the design vs price dilemma. Since there are more modern home buyers out there than there are homes available to buy, by truly understanding our buyer's needs we can uncover creative ways to make their modern living dreams a reality.
- Luxury brand: Both of our brands (Austin Modern Living™ and Tergerson Real Estate LLC) appeal to luxury clientele. You can brand yourself however you want: Your own brand,Austin Modern Living™ or Tergerson Real Estate LLC. Not sure what the right branding direction to go? Call Tom and we'll go over all the different ways you can start branding yourself.
- We kill it online: We have hundreds of geo-targeted Austin area real estate websites which helps us dominate certain Austin real estate keywords. This is important because it helps our sellers get their properties out in front of potential buyers faster and it helps buyers find what they are looking for faster. Most likely you are on our website right now because of our powerful SEO.
- Free IDX/blog/website: We build individual WP websites/blogs for our agents who want them. These are equipped with IDX so that you can offer property searches on your website! And they are branded to you, which helps you build your personal brand. This is all free, so it saves you a ton of money. (Some agents pay over $200 month just for a website with IDX... not our agents!)
- LEADS! Our websites generate an overflow of leads and we pass those leads to our agents. We can also teach you how to cultivate your own lead base.
- Great splits: Our agents start out at 80/20 split. This split can improve with seniority and longevity at the company. And unlike other brokers, we actually encourage our agents to get their broker's license. If you have your broker's license then we can discuss a split up to 95/5.
- Broker support: We currently have two brokers, Tom Bates and Amy Lewis. Allison Akers is a licensed attorney specializing in contracts law. We welcome our agents to lean on us for anything and everything, no question is too small or insignificant.
- No fees: We are not a nickle and dime broker. We offer free yard signs, free business cards, free email addresses, free websites, free leads. You have enough business expenses as a Realtor. There are no annual fees and no monthly fees. But because of the great split and no fee structure we don't have the funds for things like: offices, printers, classes, etc. So, if you are looking for a broker with an office space, with lots of classes, with a place to meet up with other agents, well, we may not be a good fit. Our agents work from home. It's a lot more efficient, but it's not for everyone.
- Recruit and sponsor your own agents: We are not a "down-line" company. However, we are not opposed to agents recruiting their friends and colleagues in the industry. Certain conditions apply, so talk to Tom about splits and commission sharing structure for this. (One of the conditions for this is that agents must be producing agents to share on-going commissions.)
North suburbs real estate
I can teach you how
To build spec house
Luxury Sales & Leasing
Bee Cave West,
West Lake Hills
Lake Austin Waterfront
Austin Luxury Sales